Alcohol catches up with you — one way or another, one day or another. Featured recipe: Corona Killa
Corona Killa (AKA “Fire Cider”)
We added water and simmered it all in a crockpot. The traditional method is to stuff everything into a jar and let it ferment for 3 weeks. Look online for that recipe.
- ½ cup fresh ginger root (peeled and diced or shredded)
- ½ cup fresh horseradish root (peeled and diced or shredded)
- ½ cup fresh turmeric root (peeled and diced or shredded – if not available substitute ¼ cup additional ginger and .25 cup additional horseradish)
- ½ cup white onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (chopped – or, if you really like heat, try habanero instead)
- 2 organic lemons (zest and juice)
- raw apple cider vinegar to taste
- several sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme (optional)
- ½ tsp whole peppercorns (optional)
- Add water until it looks about right.
- Simmer until the flavors are infused.
- Strain and serve warm.